Conditions of Sale of Goods
These Conditions of Sale govern the sale of products by Ultraview Telecom LTD to you. We offer a wide range of Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use an Ultraview Service, for example Ultrafast Fibre, you will also be subject to the terms, guidelines and conditions applicable to that Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Sale are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please read these conditions carefully before placing an order with Ultraview Telecom Ltd. By placing an order with Ultraview Telecom Ltd, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
Your order is an offer to Ultraview to buy the product(s) in your order. When you place an order to purchase a product from Ultraview, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the “Order Confirmation E-mail”). The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when we dispatch the product to you and send e-mail confirmation to you that we’ve dispatched the product to you (the “Dispatch Confirmation E-mail”). If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate Dispatch Confirmation E-mail for each package, and each Dispatch Confirmation E-mail and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between us for the product(s) specified in that Dispatch Confirmation E-mail. Your contract is with Ultraview Telecom Ltd. Without affecting your right of cancellation set out in section 2 below, you can cancel your order for a product at no cost any time before we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail relating to that product. This right to cancel does not apply to certain categories of products and services, including digital products or software which are not supplied in a physical format (e.g. on a CD or DVD), once download or use (whichever is earlier) has begun.
You consent to receive sales invoices electronically. Electronic invoices will be made available in pdf format in the My Account area of the web site. For each delivery, we will inform you in our Dispatch Confirmation E-mail if an electronic invoice is available. For further information about electronic invoices and instructions on how to receive a paper copy please refer to our help pages.
Return of Goods
- A returns authorisation number must first be obtained from the Ultraview’s customer service department either by telephone, letter or email.
- Ultraview will not accept any returns unless they are notified by you within 14 days of the date of delivery and returned within 14 days of the date of issue of the returns authorisation number, at your cost. The notification shall include the reason for the return, e.g. whether the Goods are defective or have been wrongly picked. The Customer has no right to return Goods which have been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Goods returned must be in the original packaging and in a clean resalable condition (subject only to defects which have been notified to Ultraview. The returns authorisation number must be written on a label attached to the packaging. Any Goods not meeting these criteria may, at our discretion, be refused and returned to you and/or, a handling charge (equal to a minimum of 25% of the order value of the Goods involved) will be levied to your account to cover the additional costs involved (such as, without limitation, repackaging costs and/or the carriage and associated costs of returning the Goods to you). In addition, you will be charged for any damage caused to the Goods whilst they were in your custody or control.
- If you fail to make Goods ready for collection on the return date agreed with the Supplier, the Supplier reserves the right to charge the Customer a handling fee.
- If, upon examination by the Supplier or the manufacturer, the retuned Goods are found not to be defective, the Supplier reserves the right to return the Goods to the Customer and to charge the Customer a handling fee equal to a minimum of 15% of the order value of the relevant Goods. In addition, the Customer shall be deemed to have purchased the replacement goods on these terms and conditions and the Supplier shall be entitled to invoice the Customer for the replacement goods.
- The Supplier shall not be responsible for the loss in transit of any Goods where the Customer makes its own arrangements to return the Goods to the Supplier.
Exceptions to the Right of Cancellation
The right of cancellation does not apply to:
- the delivery of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery;
- the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalized;
- a service if Ultraview has fully performed it and you accepted when you placed your order that we could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started; and
- the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD) if you accepted when you placed your order that we could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started.
Pricing and Availability
All prices are exclusive of legally applicable VAT.
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if any products you order turn out to be unavailable and you will not be charged for those products.
Please note that unless otherwise stated on the website, delivery estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed delivery times and should not be relied upon as such.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalogue may be mispriced. We will verify pricing when processing your order and before we take payment. If we have made a mistake and a product’s correct price is higher than the price on the website, we may either contact you before dispatch to request whether you want to buy the product at the correct price or cancel your order. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the product.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Ultraview is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information to that displayed on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read manuals provided with the product before use.
Ultraview will not be responsible for:
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or
- any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or
- any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when the contract for the sale of products by us to you was formed.
Nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your right to have the products sent to you within a reasonable time. If the delay occurs before the products are dispatched, we will not charge you for the products until they are dispatched and you may cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch.
Amendments to the Conditions of Sale
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and terms and conditions, including these Conditions of Sale at any time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions, policies and Conditions of Sale in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those terms and conditions, policies or these Conditions of Sale is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it may apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Conditions of Sale is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
If you breach these Conditions of Sale and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Conditions of Sale.